Bees Knees

I’ll keep this short.

I am writing to you from my hospital room in Sunset Park Brooklyn. Yes, my hospital room.

On Thursday as I was coming home from the gym I slipped on some snow and cracked up my left knee.

I was in total agony and I called a cab to take me home. While getting out of the cab and walking to my front door I managed to fall and screw up my right knee as well


I am in total agony and I still can’t believe this has happened.

I just got out of surgery a few hours ago and I have a long road of recovery ahead of me. I am frightened, I’m worried about the future and I’m worried about my health.

This wasn’t my plan to spend Christmas, but like the man says if you want to make God laugh tell Him your plans.

I missed my writing class and our class reading today. I can’t tell you how unhappy this makes me.

I can forget about the gym for quite a while—it looks like probably six months or more but if I come out in good shape I’ll be thankful. But right now I’m miserable.

Blogging is going to be a little spotty as I go through rehab but I’ll keep you posted as best I can.

Happy freaking holidays.

Comments

Bijoux said…
Whaaaaattttt??? You hurt both knees? I f***ing HATE this weather!

Wishing you a speedy recovery and my prayers.😢
Jay said…
Rob, you know I consider you a personal friend, and you know that I have a huge amount of empathy for what you are going through so I say this with much affection: don't dwell on the crap. Not only are you young and fit enough to recover well from this, you are getting good care, and your ligament repair has been done very quickly (they took four months to get around to stitching mine back together), so you have the best chance to get completely back to normal, though it will take time. You have family and friends who love you, and your considerable talent will be unaffected by your enforced rest and recovery.

Having said that, I am right there with you in spirit, and completely understand your anxiety and your frustration - and your bad mood! I go through the same. It drives OH nuts, because one day I'm complaining that I think I've damage/broken the repair, and the next I see the physio and she says no, I'm doing well ... and a few days later I think I've damaged or broken the repair. I'm on an emotional rollercoaster - so welcome to the ride! We can metaphorically hold hands and scream through the bends and drops together!

I've always hated rollercoasters. :D
Ron said…
Oh Rob, I am so sorry to hear this. We've had a lot of snow here as well, and on my way to and from work last week, I almost slipped and fell myself.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you right now, sending you MUCH Reiki for a speeding recovery.

I completely understand how you feel (frustrated, confused, and scared) because of what happened to me two years ago, when suddenly I ended up in the hospital for two weeks, very ill; not knowing what the hell was going to happen. But just remember something, it all worked out. And it will for you too.

Again, know that my thoughts are with you, buddy.

Take care, okay?
Rob K said…
Thanks so much, Bijoux!
Rob K said…
Oh, Jay, thank you so much! I consider you to be a personal friend and that’s why your kindness and support means so much to me.

I hate roller coasters too but I’ll happily reach across the pond, hold hands with you scream like hell!
Rob K said…
Oh, Ron, thanks for all your support! This situation sucks beyond belief but I feel better knowing I have great people like you in my life!

Take care, buddy!
I'm really sorry to hear. I've been off the blogosphere for almost a month now, finishing my teacher training course. I do hope you get back on your feet (literally! :-D) and get back to your writing and reading sessions.

Greetings from London.
Rob K said…
Thanks Mario! It’s going to be slow, but I’m going to do it!

Popular posts from this blog

Land of Enchantment

Missed Connection

Getting Connected